Crew Central

Crewing Up

Crew Central is designed to give our members important information about finding work and provide department heads and employers with the ability to peruse the latest full roster of available members and their standing with the local. Members can download a variety of forms, from Authorization of Representation, to Dues Assessment Payroll Deduction, to applications. Members of other locals can learn the necessary steps for transferring their membership to Local 479, while potential new members can find out what they need to do to join our union. This section provides shop stewards with quick links to other locals, labor sites, and information on how to organize a production..

479 Representative Team

Local 479 provides a team of full-time representatives who are on call 24/7 to provide support services, both to our embedded stewards and to all members of the Local.

Additionally, crews nominate one of their day to day members to act as a steward between production and crew, meaning that each production has its own embedded representative on set or in the mill. Union stewards are responsible for liaising between their crew members and the Local 479 Field Rep assigned to their production. Their primary duty is to be aware of all aspects of a production and set activities so that they may report disputes and identify conditions that may place members of the crew in danger. They are also advocates for the union to their fellow crew members that may have questions about joining.

If you are a member that is interested in become a show steward, please reach out to one of our Field Reps for more info.

Assistant Business Agents

Kevin Cheatham
(404) 376-8222
[email protected]

Patricia Redding
(404) 906-6004
[email protected]

Field Representatives

Keith Mingo
(404) 990-2652
[email protected]

Nat Kendrick
(404) 790-9326
[email protected]

John Lavis
(404) 990-2205
[email protected]

Project Assignments

Use the chart below to find the representative(s) and steward(s) assigned to your project.

ProductionField RepOn-ProdOff-Prod
All the Queens Men S4Nat KendrickTBDTBD
Assisted Living S5Nat KendrickTBDTBD
John LavisTBDTBD
Cedar Lodge S5Patricia ReddingCecil ChatmanSalvador Gatierrez
Cobra Kai S6Patricia ReddingJeremy AndersonChristine Bronston
Die Hart S3John LavisCecil Chatmann/a
John LavisTBDNoah Howard
GenesisJohn LavisTBDShawn Delaney
Group TherapyNat KendrickTBDTBD
Hard FeelingsNat KendrickTBDTBD
House of Payne S11Nat KendrickTBDTBD
Hysteria! S1Keith MingoFred DufferShane Roberts
Last MealsPatricia ReddingTBDTBD
Legomasters S5Patricia ReddingJason VillellaAdam Hodges/ Chris Bailey
Ms Pat S4Nat KendrickTBDTBD
Oops All BerriesJohn LavisTBDRay Warren
Open WoundsMike AkinsTBDTBD
P-Valley S3Keith MingoTBDTBD
Reasonable Doubt S2Nat KendrickTBDTBD
Signing DayKeith MingoTBDTBD
So You Think You Can Dance S18Keith MingoTBDTBD
Kevin CheathamTBDTBD
John LavisTBDTBD
The Pick UpPatricia ReddingTBDTBD
Troubleman (MOW)Keith MingoTBDTBD
John LavisTBDTBD
WallbangerJohn LavisRobin DennisRobin Dennis
Keith MingoTBDTBD
Will Trent S2Patricia ReddingTBDNancy LaDonnah
Zatima S3Nat KendrickTBDTBD

Availability List

The Availability List PDF is updated automatically every 2 hours during business hours and reflects the most up to date list of members who have indicated they are available for immediate work. Department heads in our local may find it faster to login to the Member Dashboard and search for specific craft positions. Producers may apply for access to this searchable database by calling the office at (404) 361-5676 and asking to speak with the Business Agent.

Full Roster List

Employers can obtain an up-to-date PDF list of Local 479’s full roster by contacting a member of the 479 Representative Team listed above.

Bad Standing List

This PDF lists members currently in bad standing with Local 479.

While a member is in Bad Standing they are deprived of a list of privileges that members in Good Standing enjoy, including voting, holding office, incentives, events, and more. Please read the article Understanding Your Financial Obligations to the Local on the Member Dashboard (member login required).


Accounting Forms

If you have not already been provided with a work dues assessment form from your current show’s accounting department, simply download and complete the appropriate form (below) and submit it along with your start paperwork to ensure that accounting withholds your work dues assessments. If you are unsure of which form to use, don’t hesitate to contact your show steward or one of our office stewards. Failure to have your 3% work dues withheld from your paycheck on a weekly basis will result in an invoice for the lump sum amount to be charged upon completion of the audit for each show.

Organizing A Show

Signatories are studios and production companies that have signed a standing agreement with the IATSE to meet certain minimum standards with regards to wages, hours, working conditions, and benefits for crew members. Non-union productions with no signatory company attached are under no contractual obligations to meet any of these standards. The process of negotiating a signed agreement with a non-union production begins by having a majority of the crew in all covered IA crafts sign an “Authorization of Representation” that give Local 479 the authority to negotiate on their behalf. This Authorization may come in the form of a hard-copy card, or an online form, but either way they are often referred to as “cards”. When a majority of signed cards have been gathered they are submitted to the producer along with a request that the producer enter into negotiations with the Local, typically conducted by the Local’s Business Agent and agents of the International. If you are on a show that is currently in the process of collecting signed authorization cards, you may complete the form below, which upon submission, would be emailed to the Business Agent and/or stewards in charge of your organizing effort.

BUSINESS AGENT:   Michael Akins


Authorization of Representation

The following agreement is for people who are already working on a production and are requesting representation by IATSE Local 479.  If you are interested in joining the union please see Becoming a Member.


I hereby authorize International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts of the United States, its Territories and Canada to represent me for the purpose of collective bargaining with my above-named employer, and to negotiate and conclude all agreements respecting wages, hours and other terms and conditions of employment. I understand that this card can be used by the Union to obtain recognition from my employer without an election, and I hereby also apply for membership in the above-named Union.

Transferring Into Local 479

Local 479 recognizes the significance of a transfer of membership and to ease the process we have made transferral into Local 479 a simple 4-step process:

  1. Request a Transfer Card from your current local. They will fill it out and send it to us. A transfer card is valid for 90 days, so all of the requirements listed below must be completed within that time-frame or the transfer card will expire and a new one will need to be requested from your current local.
  2. Obtain a Transfer of Membership application from Local 479 and complete it in its entirety. This application is available for download, below.
  3. Visit the Local 479 office in person to submit your Transfer Application and transfer fee of $700, as well as any remaining quarterly dues for the year.  Payment: You will need to make a payment of $700.00 plus the remainder of quarterly dues for the calendar year in which you transfer. We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, and AMERICAN EXPRESS. We also accept money orders and Checks that should be made out to IATSE Local 479. Your payment is due to process your Transfer Application into Local 479 and payment will be processed immediately.
  4. At the time of your application and fee submittal, please have all of the documentation listed below with you.
  • GA or AL Drivers License with an issue date at least 30 days old
  • Voters Registration in your name in GA or AL
  • Vehicle Registration in your name in GA or AL

After you submit your application to our office you will need to complete the next set of requirements. These last two requirements ensure that all transfer members come into Local 479 with an understanding of how our local functions as well as gain knowledge of the benefits we offer specifically to our members that may differ from other locals. If these last two qualifications are not completed before the expiration date on the transfer card, Local 479 will reject the transfer and a new transfer card and application will be required to begin the process over again.

  1. New Member Orientation Class Registration: Read the letter included in your application and complete the instructions.
  2. IATSE Training Trust Online Safety Courses Application: Complete in its entirety and sign. If you have already completed these courses, please provide a copy of your Safety Passcard with your application.

Transferring Out of Local 479

While it’s unusual to transfer members away from Local 479 it does happen occasionally, and although we’ll be sad to see you go, we’re right here to help you with the transfer process.  Contact our office as soon as you know that you’ll be transferring your membership and we’ll work with you and the receiving local to make the transfer.

Report Your Work

The local depends on the participation of all members to alert us of new projects in town, as some projects may attempt to work in our jurisdiction without ever contacting the local. If we don’t know about the project, we cannot be there to represent you.

This form is completely anonymous unless you opt to include your contact information (it’s your choice).

Request Permission to Work in Our Jurisdiction

You must obtain permission to work in the jurisdiction if you are not a member of IATSE Local 479. Please see The International Constitution and By-Laws, Article 21, Section 7.

If you are an IATSE member, but not a member of IATSE Local 479, and you’ve been contacted by a production to work within the jurisdiction of Local 479, you are required to obtain permission, in writing, from the host Local (479).

Permission to work may be obtained from the Business Agent.

Please complete the below form to initiate the request process