The 2015 Holiday Party took place on Saturday, December the 12th at Local 479’s new headquarters building. An enormous 50’ by 150’ tent was set up to accommodate the more than 1,000 members who elected to participate in a day of fun and fellowship. Santa took time from his final production schedule to fly into Atlanta to visit with (more…)
Local 479 Secretary/Treasurer Frank Hatcher provides six sure-fire ways to remain in good standing and not find yourself owing back-assessments.
- Log into your account at iaentertainment-locals.org. On the main page you will see if you have a balance due and if your account is in good standing. Click the tab labeled “Charges” to review types and amount of charges to your account and to determine if you have a balance due.
- Make sure you open all emails from Local 479. If you have a charge or a balance due, notification will arrive by email.
- Pay all quarterly dues for the year as soon as you receive your annual statement. There is a $4.00 discount if you pay for the entire year and before the deadline.
- If a dues incentive has been voted by the membership for the year, be doubly sure your account is current as of the end of November.
- Check every paystub to ensure that a 3% work dues assessment has been taken out. Do the math: find the amount of gross pay for the period and multiply that number by .03, the result is the amount due to Local 479 for that pay period. If the amount does not match or is missing entirely, inform the payroll accountant as soon as you can. Imagine the pain of learning that you owe several hundred dollars in assessments to the Local following an audit, long after a show has wrapped and you’ve spent the money.
- If you have a question regarding your status or any other financial question, do not hesitate to give me or anyone else in office a call. Frank Hatcher (404) 361-5676, Ext.. 109.
On July 18th, 2015, Local 479 Director of Education Kevin Amick, conducted the largest new member orientation class to-date, with 93 participants. Kevin has asked us to thank Billy Deacon, Theresa Khouri, and AB Cooper for their participation in this well-attended event. A delicious lunch was prepared by Stephanie Beman. Local 479 wishes all of these members good luck in this VERY competitive business and hope that they will do their part to contribute to the next chapter in our state’s motion picture industry.
One of the most useful online tools available to our members is the Member Account Dashboard, a centralized, password-protected repository of information detailing your work history while a member with Local 479. The Account Dashboard contains useful tax-related information including the dates and amounts of your 3% assessments and dues fees, with records dating back as far as 2008.